I have finally pinpointed the source of my anxiety and depression, and am taking action to combat it.
In one hand is a trash bag, in the other, a donation box. Bring it on.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Operation: Pantry



Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you my pantries. We have limited cupboard space in our apartment, so when we moved in we decided to purchase these beauties.


It looks innocent enough with the doors closed. The top is pretty shameful. I have cookbooks, toddler art supplies, vases, old magazines and abandoned crochet projects piled up. I'll have to address that another day, though, since most of it depends upon our second bookshelf being put into our bedroom.






Once you open it, you can see the piles and disorganization. I'll spare you the closeups, just know that everything is stacked three or four items deep. The drinks on the table are what we chose to keep from the old bench, which used to sit beneath the painting.



I tried to start by just plucking things out, then I remembered the rules. Take EVERYTHING OUT, then decide what needs to be put back in. Pick what to keep, not what to toss.

 So... out it all came!
















That's..... a lot more food than I thought we had.





Not to mention tortilla chips!! Why do we have FOUR bags?

Let's just say that we had nachos for dinner last night.










A few hours and some close scrutiny later, I was able to turn the pantry into this.



It's beautiful! I can see where everything is! I thought about packing it all in more closely so that I could fit other things in there... but then I remembered. This is about having less. This is about being streamlined, organized, and minimal. I'm not throwing things away so that I can make space for more. I'm making space for living!


























Mission Accomplished!
I wonder what I should tackle next?

2 comments:

  1. my house sister! tackle my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! You know how much I love to throw things out!

    ReplyDelete